W3C publishes HTTP Implementation and User Agent Problems Notes W3C has released Common HTTP Implementation Problems and Common User Agent Problems as a W3C Note. According to W3C, The guidelines will improve implementations of HTTP and related standards and also offer suggestions for good user agent behaviours. From the HTTP Implementation Problems note, here are few guidelines which I have seen being reiterated by many many people in the last few months.
- Use short URIs as much as possible
- Choose a case policy, Avoid URIs in Mixed case , As a case policy choose either "all lowercase" or "first letter uppercase".
- Provide mechanisms for File System to URI mapping
- Allow the use of standard redirects
- When you change URIs, use standard redirects...