Microsoft published few numbers in CES which are very interesting. I thought of collating and adding to these for everyone to see the year Microsoft had in 2010.
Xbox & Kinect for Xbox 360 (source)
• 8 million: Number of Kinects sold in first 60 days
• 50 million: Xbox 360s sold to date
• 30 million: Number of Xbox LIVE members
• 100: Average number of new apps in the marketplace each day
• 5,500: Apps available in the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace
• 20,000: Developers registered to develop apps for Windows Phone 7
• 1.5 million: Windows Phone 7s sold by phone manufacturers in the first six weeks after launch
• 60: Number of mobile operators that carry Windows Phone 7
• 30: Number of countries where Windows Phone 7 is available
• 11 million: Number of songs in Zune catalog
• 7: number of Windows 7 licenses sold per second
• 20 million: Number of downloads of Internet Explorer 9 beta
• 500 million+: Number of Windows Live users worldwide
• 20: Percentage of PCs connected to the Internet running Windows 7
• 240 million: Number of licenses sold for Windows 7
• 500 million: Number of Windows Live users around the world
• 2: Position of Windows Live Messenger in the most used application on Facebook
• 20 million: Number of people already using the IE9 beta.
• 1: Position of Hotmail as the leading Email Service provider worldwide
Office 2010 (source)
• 30 million: Office Web Apps users.
• 1: Copy of Office 2010 sold worldwide every second. Office 2010 now ranks as the fastest-selling consumer version of Office in history.
• 8: Years in a row, Microsoft Office was the number one selling software product in U.S. retail measured by dollar volume, outpacing games and security software.